There are an infinite number of ways we could formulate this question with respect to education and I love Ken Robinson for setting us off on the path to consider the possibilities. As we head into another external review, work on common course templates, revise courses, create new courses, and consider recommendations and action plans, this would be a great question to start the conversation.

Now is the time for imagination and creativity, for considering what could be, if we are thoughtful enough, brave enough and willing enough to have the often challenging conversations that may lead us into unknown and yet exciting new territory.

And that includes me. Points for me to consider: what is my role in facilitating such conversations? (and where are the boundaries – those are important to identify); how do I support both those who want to ‘run with it’ and also those who, for whatever reason, prefer their feet to stay where they are? (I’m reflecting here on an article I’ve been reading about micro-credentials, those in favor and those less so); how do I ensure that everyone is involved in meaningful conversations where they feel heard? (I’ve had some practice this week and it’s a key skill in facilitation); how do I promote creative thinking reflective of a rapidly evolving educational environment? (and acknowledge the fear that sometimes accompanies change).

As usual, the questions outweigh the answers and perhaps that’s the point; along with listening thoughtfully, we need always to be asking questions,.